Working in Partnership with parents
It is the policy of the Green Nursery to work closely with all parents and guardians. Parental involvement within the Nursery is essential to a child’s development because parents significantly influence their child’s learning and are the child’s primary educators.
- All parents, guardians and family members are made to feel welcome.
- Parents are respected as the child’s primary educators.
- We recognise that a successful partnership involves sharing information and knowledge.
- We are here to listen to parent’s accounts of their child’s development or any concerns that they may have regarding their child.
- Parents are encouraged to contribute to their child’s development and are fully informed of their child’s progress and achievements through Nursery.
- Open evenings are held during the year to which all parents are encouraged to attend. This is also a great time to meet other parents, look at your child’s work and meet with staff.
- Regular newsletters are sent out to parents and guardians informing them of forthcoming events and important Nursery news. Most parents prefer to receive these by email and provide an email address for this purpose.
- Parents and grandparents are encouraged to “Join in the Fun” at Nursery if they have any time to spare. We understand that many parents are very busy and they are welcome to join us as little or as often as they like.
- Each day all Babies and Toddlers take home a “Daily Diary”, a record of the details of their day, completed by their key worker.
- We use ‘Tapestry’, an online record of each child’s learning journey (you can read more here).
- Information regarding older children is displayed on information boards that are located around Nursery.
- All parents are encouraged to discuss any concerns about their child with their child’s Key Worker, Deputy or Manager at any time of the day.