The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
- The Green Nursery follows the Department for Education learning framework, the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
- The Green Nursery believe that learning should be stimulating for young children, so play times are educational as well as fun.
- We are continuously developing new and exciting ways of encouraging child development in a safe and stimulating environment.
- Childcare initiatives have been developed by our skilled and experience early years practitioners, helping children to develop their key skills at every level.
- Every child’s learning journey takes a personal path based on their own individual interests, experiences and the curriculum on offer. It is of vital importance that parents are able to share in their child’s experiences whilst they are at Nursery.
- When your child starts at the Green Nursery we will begin to build a record of their learning, we call these “Learning Journeys”. These can include photographs, written observations and pieces of your child’s art work. These learning journeys belong to the child at all times.
- The practitioners who support your child in creating them are merely custodians whilst this part of their journey is being recorded.
- We encourage parents and guardians to share their experiences from home in order to further create a strong link between Nursery and the child’s home environment.
'Tapestry' online Learning Journeys
In January 2016 we introduced Tapestry. This is an online system which records photos, observations and comments in line with the Early Years Foundation Stage and enables us to to build up a record of each child’s learning and development during their time with us.
Tapestry is hosted on a secure, dedicated server based in the UK. You will have password protected access to your child’s online learning journey and we encourage you to contribute to it by uploading photos, videos and comments about their learning, development and experiences at home. You are also able to comment on observations made by Green Nursery staff.
If you do not have access to the internet at home or at work we are able to download your child’s Learning Journey as a pdf file that can be printed or loaded onto a USB stick.